Saturday, November 7, 2009

i'm a virgin-clubber, NO MORE!

haha yeah, as the title reads, i finally got the chance to experience clubbing when Crossfusion performed in PURE today (umm well, technically it was yesterday night). I know it's nothing major, but stilll... it's really like ZOMG for me. hahaa and yeah, i tend to get excited over the puniest things. :)

okie, as i was saying, i only found out about the gig yesterday (as in yesterday yesterday), and yeah, i was still contemplating whether to go or not to go...since most of my friends are not into this clubbing fad, and i basically thought that i would be left all alone if i went. so i called up my dearest cousin Midori  (who's a seasoned clubber) to tag along with me. and she AGREED! so sweet of her... XOXO

they were scheduled to play at about 10pm, so i headed there straight after church practice. on my way there, Shan called up to say that they were starting already, so i kind of panicked as i didn't really know exactly where it was or how i was to get in. and so i called my "qooo" cousin Shaun, who's spinning there. Appreciated it when i saw him walking out into the streets to "collect" his somewhat lost and blur cousin. :")

And then he brought me upstairs where they were playing. i was surprised to see quite a number of my old friends there. was OVERJOYED actually. :) anyways, to me the band sounded great (as always). everything was cool. after their performance, shan's friend Harvin @ DJ Tres, played some really "boomzy" (from Ris Low's dictionary) but booooming music... haha i found it a little hard to adjust, as i swear i could feel my heart trying to jump out from my chest (past the many layers of fats) whenever i heard the bass parts.
 


                                     it feels good to club with your cousins. :)

to stuff things into a nutshell, i think it has been one helluva memorable experience for me, shared with close friends (and my dear cousins). however, i don't think it would be a place i'd frequent anytime soon, as most of the time we could not hear what the other person was saying, altho i swear i was shouting at the top of my lungs, and according to my dear neighbour, i have the LOUDEST voice ever. i was merely nodding my head and smilling to pretend i understood.. (i'm sorry guys, but i swear u all were doing the exact same thing too!). haha i guess i'm the type of person who would rather spend my weekend nights at a quiet cafe catching up on juicy gossips with my fellow girlfriends. and i have concluded that a club is a place for  dudes to notice, and babes to be noticed. 


chillin' out with friends.
(Left to right: aaron, me, shan, darryl, terrence, naj)

i drove home with my side screens wound down completely. really had to blow off the damned ciggy smell off my hair and clothes. damnit. why can't melaka adopt the non-smoking policy in clubs like in singapore?? ugh. what would my poor parents think if they smelled me that night? i'm sure my mom would not let me off the hook in one piece. (dad, if you're reading this, don't worry k...i just went there and sat down to listen to the band. didn't do anything else except drink Coca Cola which Midori treated me to.)  (P/S: and don't tell mom!) :P


btw, i had this funny conversation with Terrence(the cool and handsome Baba who "joget-ed" in PURE with some strange chicks) earlier on:

....
Me: yeah, it's my first time here. 
Terrence: *shocked face* seriously?!!??!
Me: umm...my first time clubbing actually... :S
Terrence: *facial expression you give when about to die from strangulation* (haha, nola, just kidding. but he was even more shocked than before) wow, you so holy one arh??!
Me: urmmm....hahaaa *sheepishly feeling like an outdated 100-yr-old grandmother*
Terrence: u must be the very *hand gestures showing the flipping of pages* type...
Me: (thinking: sigh...i must really shake off this nerdish image of mine)

4 char kueh tiao(s):

Eve Lyn said...

Hahahaha... No wonder I didn't hear anything from your house yesterday la,LOL... Since when you became a nerd? Not to worry though, I'm still a clubbing virgin,hahahaha.... And I'm planning to stay that way...

midori said...

me? a seasoned clubber?! oiiii.. hehehe :)

and u are no nerd la.. no where near nerdish too!

well now u've experienced 'clubbing'.

:)))

xoxo

.:Ja-Nice:. said...

evelyn: one day we go together la. just for experience sake. see whose voice is louder. i think you'll beat me. hahahhaa :P

mid: seasoned as in compared to me. haha yay! i'm no nerd! *happy-nyer i* :))

-- YJ -- said...

OMG Jinshan performed in PURE!

*ROFL*LMAO*

Anyways, come KL someday with ShannyBoy and we'll go to a non-smoking club.

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com